Last updated: January 18th , 2019
Our website address is: https://makerhangout.ca.
At makerhangout.ca, we recognize the importance of your privacy. It’s understandable to be concerned about the information you provide to us or that is collected by us and how we use and disclose it.
Types of Information We Collect
- Personal Information: Personal information is information to specifically identify an individual, such as a customer’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card or other account number, and information about that individual’s activities when directly linked to that person such as information about his or her purchases. Personal information also includes demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, and preferences, when such information is linked to other personal information that identifies the individual.
- Aggregate Information: Personal information does not include “aggregate” information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of products, services or customers, from which individual customer identities have been removed. In other words, information about how you use a service might be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but no personal information will be included in the resulting data. Likewise, information about the products you purchase might be collected and combined with information about the products purchased by others. Aggregate data helps us understand trends and customer needs so that we can better consider new products and services, and tailor existing products and services to customer desires. We might share aggregate information about our users with third parties for various purposes, such as helping us better understand and improve our services, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
How We Collect and Use Personal Information
makerhangout.ca may collect personal information from you at several different points on our Web site, as set forth below. In general, we use personal information for the purpose for which it was collected (such as to provide services or complete transactions you have requested, for billing purposes, and to anticipate and resolve problems with our Web site and our products and services), for our own internal business operations, to respond to customer support inquiries and for other purposes as described below.
Cookies and 3rd Party Advertisements
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
You can set your browser to accept or reject most cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) It is up to you to decide whether to allow us or third parties to set cookies, but if you block cookies, you may not be able to view or access some of the features of our Services. Please be aware that certain browsers cannot block or delete so-called “Flash” cookies, which use a feature of the Adobe Flash video player to store information on your computer. For information about how to delete Flash cookies, please visit the Adobe website here.
Purchases and Other Information Submissions
- We may collect personal information such as your credit card, credit card billing address, and related billing information if you purchase products or services on our Web site. We use this information to fulfill your orders and bill you for them.
- Any information that is not personally identifiable information but is publicly displayed on the Web site (such as name and photos) might appear in the results of searches conducted on Internet search engines while you are a contributor to the Web site.
Email and Newsletters
When you submit your email address to us to initiate a subscription to one of our newsletters we ask for personal information such as your name and email address. This personal information is only used to send you the newsletter(s) you are opted in to receive. You may choose not to receive promotional emails or electronic newsletters from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the specific email from which you wish to opt-out.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Log Files
- Web Beacons: We use, and permit third parties to use, “Web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, 1-by-1 GIFs, and Web bugs) on our Web site to monitor the effectiveness of advertising and for other lawful purposes. These Web beacons do not collect personally identifying information about you on our Web site.
- Log Files: We track log files on our Web site (i.e., we log your computer’s IP address into our log files when you visit a page on our Web site) and use them to analyze trends, administer the Web site, track your movements on the Web site, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We might link some or all of this information to personally identifiable information that is stored on a cookie in your computer. We only use information gathered from these activities for our internal marketing and operational purposes.
Third Party Service with Cookies
We may use one or more third party services to compile nonpersonal information regarding our user’s browsing habits, such as page views, visits, unique visitors, etc.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not intend, and the Website is not designed, to collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old, you should not register for our services or otherwise provide information on our Website and should ask your parent to do so for you.
Third Party Web Site Advertising – General
Third Party Links
We use reasonable security measures to store and maintain personally identifying information so as to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction by unauthorized parties while it is under our control. We use secure socket layer (SSL) encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as payment information, over the Internet.